HEAT CURE RUBBERS
Silicone materials are mixed and rapidly heat-cured to form elastomeric rubber components. These are available as.....
HCR (Heat Cure Rubber)
Silicone rubber bases contain silicone polymer in combination with reinforcing silica fillers. These are classified as:
• General Purpose (GP)
• High Strength (HS)
• Tough Rubber (TR)
• Low Compression Set (LCS)
• Low Temperature (LT)
• No Post Cure (NPC)
• Wire & Cable (WC)
• High Green Strength (HGS)
Peroxide-cured with heat, processing versatility for:
• Moulding: compression-, transfer- or injection-moulded.
• Extrusion: production of tubing, hose, rods, seals, wire insulation and jacketing.
• Calendering: selected bases can be calendered into long, thin sheets of uniform thickness, either unsupported or fabric reinforced.
• Dispersion coating: bases and compounds can be dispersed in solvents to coat a variety of fabrics or other substrates. Heat cure follows solvent removal.
LSR (Liquid Silicone Rubber)
LSRs are supplied as two-part, pumpable silicone materials. Parts are mixed and rapidly heat-cured to form elastomeric rubber components. Applications include:
• Electrical wire and cable that perform more safely and reliably in demanding appliance, building, industrial equipment, fire alarm, and emergency back-up applications.
• electrical safety cable
• Insulating sleeving
• Deliver safer, more reliable electrical performance